Jump Start Your Summer Savings

New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rain Check



Have you ever gone to the store and something (or multiple things) on your list are already out of stock? It can be very frustrating! Well don't get upset because you can ask the store for a rain check. Have no clue what I am talking about? A rain check is a voucher for the item or items that the store is out of at the time you went shoping at the current weeks sale price. So there doesn't need to be any running back and forth in one week hoping the store has restocked because you really, really want your free McCormick seasoning and Angel Soft toielt paper for only $.50. Just get a rain check (like I did this week) and use it the next time you go shopping at that store.
Rain checks are good for 30 days and if I have a coupon to pair with it I paper clip it to the rain check. I file my rain checks and extra loose coupons in a small coupon organizer like this one and carry it in my purse. You can occasionally find them in the Target dollar spot or for less than five dollars in office supply sections of stores. I have one section for Smith's, Albertsons, CVS and Walgreens, I also have two general sections for loose food and other coupons that I find. I file my rain checks by store. If I get catalinas (coupons specific to a store that print at the register) I file them in here as well. Just make sure you use your rain check before it OR your coupon expires!

No comments: