The show extreme couponing has introduced a lot of new faces and interest into the couponing world. If you are new and would like some help entering this fun world of coupons or if you have tried before and need help getting started again please give me a call. I can help you get started right over the phone and get you set up with great deals on the Sunday paper (the one with the all the coupons!) in any of the states that grocery smarts has operating lists.
Also, just so you know couponing does not have to take the mass amounts of time they show the people on TV taking. You can make couponing very, very simple and still save big at the grocery store.
Jump Start Your Summer Savings
New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
If you haven't checked Smith's list in the last couple weeks go look now! Smith's has been running a fabulous promotion for the last two weeks and you have 2 days left to shop it. I went last night completely filled my shopping cart and walked out only paying $50. Gotta love a great promotion!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
P.S.- The new year is a great time to get your grocery budget under control and a grocery smarts class can help give you a jump start to a year of savings. Call or e-mail to set up your class.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Its Smith's Case Lot sale time. The case lot sale began Wednesday and is running through the next two sales weeks. Here are some tips for shopping a case lot sale:
1) Don't forget to be PICKY ABOUT PRICE! Just because a product is part of a case lot sale does not mean its a great price. My price point for canned items such as vegetables, fruits, and beans is $.50 or less. Decide your price point and use the star ratings in Smith's list to help you decide which deals are worth it to you.
2) ONLY BUY WHAT YOU WILL USE! If you don't normally buy or eat canned kidney beans I don't care how cheap they are unless they are free, don't buy them!! Also there is not point in buying a 2 year supply of a product if its all going to expire in 4 months. Buy in quantities that you will USE BY THE EXPIRATION date printed on the can.
3) Contrary to some rumors, items are not, I repeat NOT, put in the case lot sale for the store to get rid of products that are about to expire. The case lot sale is not a clearance sale! (Trust me a clearance sale would have better prices!)
4) YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A WHOLE CASE! While it is called the case lot sale and whole cases are placed at the front of the store if you go back to where the items are normally shelved you can buy them in singles for the same price per item as the case. The benefit to buying in singles is that if you have coupons for the items you can use more of them. You can also better control your quantities.
5) DON'T FORGET YOUR MONTHLY BUDGET! Yes the case lot sale only comes around twice a year but that's still no excuse to completely forget your families budget.
Monday, September 6, 2010
So sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been really busy getting ready for my oldest to start 1'st grade and prepping for the start of my new preschool year. This morning we ran out of cereal, shocking for those who know us so I went and took a quick look at the lists and was so happy that I did. Albertsons is running two great promos with exactly what I needed for my family and preschool.
For everything pictured behind my cute 4 year old (who insisted on being in the picture):
I Saved: $119.94
I Only Spent: $44.51
Some tips if you'd like to shop this today:
*Use $5/5 Kraft cheese here making the 8oz bags and bars FREE
*Use $1/1 Crystal Light here (its part of the Kraft promo) to make the final price $.50
*You need to split your transactions up if you would like to do the kraft promotion more than once. If you do split up your purchases so you can do the promotion more than once you CAN use the $5 catalina from your previous transaction to help pay for the next transaction.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
The add was a misprint. Smith's have retractions in all their stores. Sad : (
Friday, August 6, 2010
I don't often blog here about my preschool adventures but as the new school year is almost here for the first time since I began teaching preschool, 4 years ago, I find myself with a very small 4-5 year old class enrollment. If you have a child just one year away from kindergarten and are still looking for a preschool for them to attend might I suggest me? : )
I have a preschool website here with some basic information and I welcome any calls or e-mails with questions you may have.