Jump Start Your Summer Savings

New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Freezer Meals

I have heard a lot about freezer meals over the last couple years and its been one of those things for me that when I hear about I think "that sounds awesome, I should really do that!"... and then I never do.  Well since its spring break and for once I feel like I have time my sister-in-law and I are teaming up to do a day of freezer cooking.   I am not an expert on this so if you are new to this you can learn along with me : )

Today I am preping for our cooking day by:
1) Shopping in my pantry, fridge and freezer.  Just like when I cook dinner on a daily basis I cook off what I have on hand and I don't want to spend extra money to make a freezer meal, the whole point is to save money and time.  I'm looking for ingredients that I have a lot of that can freeze well.

2) Making my Menu.  Based off the ingredients I have on hand I looked for reciepes that I had most of the ingredients for or are on sale this week and are simple reciepes.

3) Shopping for missing ingredients needed. 

4) Game Plan for Cooking Day.  This is going to be a line up of what order we are going to cook things to help things go as smoothly as possible.

I'll let you know how this new adventures goes.  Please, if you have any advice or requests on what you want me to report on this adventure leave me a comment. 

No comments: