Jump Start Your Summer Savings

New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Favorties

Thursday is the big day of thanks (how is it already here!?) and I have to admit that one of the things that I am grateful for on this day every year since I met my in-laws is a big bowl of homemade cream cheese mashed potatoes! YUMMY!!! Do you have a favorite thanksgiving food item? Would you like to share? Here is my recipe:


5 lbs. Potatoes
1 8oz Cream Cheese
1/4 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
salt to taste
8 oz shredded cheese (of your choice I like mixed or cheddar)
milk (optional)

Peel and cut potatoes into about 1 inch cubes. Boil potatoes until soft. Strain and rinse. Poor potatoes into large serving bowl. Add cream cheese, butter and salt to taste. Using a potato masher, mash/mix all ingredients together. Use a spoon to taste. Add milk and salt as you like. Once you are done mixing add shredded cheese to the top and cover bowl with foil. If the potatoes are not hot enough to melt the cheese and the bowl can go in the oven than warm it until the cheese melts.

No comments: