Jump Start Your Summer Savings

New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

eCoupons

"eCoupons" or "digital" coupons are a great tool to help you save even more money. First thing you need to do is register your Smith's fresh value card and Von's club card to http://www.pgesaver.com/ next you can also register your Smith's card at http://www.shortcuts.com/. Once you've registered your card(s) you can then load coupons directly to your card. It takes up to 24 hours to load but once they are loaded if you purchase items corresponding to the eCoupons the coupon will automatically be applied to your purchase AND in if you have a current paper coupon you can use it as well to double your savings. This does take a little extra planing. I had a good experience in January using my eCoupons, paper coupons and sales at Smith's that I'll use to show you how you too can potentially save using eCoupons.
  • $51.72 = Total value
  • $17.55 = Coupons Savings (eCoupons and paper)
  • $8.22 = Fresh Value Savings and close out sale prices
  • $25.95 = Total Spent (50% savings)

Now 50% is not as high a savings rate as I often get but for these products it was pretty amazing especially since one of my items was an Olay Regenerist facial mositerizer that I had been out of and I splurged on a candle becuase my kitchen really needed one : ) So here is the break down of what I bought and what coupons I paired it with.

  • Olay Quench bar soap pack
  • Crest Pro-Health Night (6oz)
  • Gillette 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Gillette Complete Save Gel
  • Olay Regenerist Facial Mositerizer
  • Olay Ribbons Body Wash
  • Febreze Candle

I paired these items with the following eCoupons (circled in red on my reciept):

  • $1/1 any Olay Bar Pack, Bodywash or in shower lotion
  • $1.50/1 Crest premium toothpaste
  • $2/1 any Gillette Shampoo, Conditioner or Styler
  • $1/1 Olay Facial Mositerizer or Cleanser
  • $1/1 any Olay Ribbons
  • $1/1 any Febreze candle
Then I "stacked" them with these paper manufactour coupons (circled in blue on my reciept):

  • $1/1 Olay Quench Barpack
  • $1.50/1 Crest Premium Toothpaste
  • $2/1 any Gillette Shampoo, Conidtioner or Styler
  • $.55/1 Gillette Shave Gel
  • $2/1 Olay Regenerist product
  • $1/1 any Olay Ribbons body wash
  • $1/1 any Febreze Candle

If you look closely at my reciept you will notice the crest prohealth toothpaste, that is marked with a black dot, was on close out for $2.23 and I had $3 worth of coupons for it (coupons marked with black dot) I actually made $.77!! Also the Gillette 2 in 1 Shampoo (marked by the *) was on sale for 2/$8 making each bottle $4 and I had exactly $4 in coupons for it making it FREE!

No comments: