Jump Start Your Summer Savings

New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Smiths Continues to Bring the House Down With Rock Bottom Prices

I was able to make it in to smiths today for a last minuet trip before their dollar days ended(every coupon under a dollar is given the value of $1) . Also this week is the Proctor and gamble promotion buy 4 P&G products and save $4 instantly on non P&G products in your purchase. I have to say I was tempted not to go because things have been pretty busy lately, but it was well worth the trip. I tried to organize my purchases in to one photo but ended up with to much so I split it all up. Dairy and Meats


Yoplait Whips were priced @ $.60 ea. I used 2 $.55/2 making them only $.10 ea.
Yoplait Greek cups priced $1.19 ea. I used 2 $.30/1 making them $.19 ea.
Jennie-O 90% lean ground turkey was on sale 3 for $5


Fresh Produce


Cantaloupes were $.99 ea
Limes 5 for $1
Bananas $.52 lb


This is a very important part of our diet in the Frederick household. I know many people start scaling back on fresh produce as a simple way reduce their budget. But I have found that you can have the good stuff and still stick to a strict budget.



Household Items


Tide Stain Release priced for $10.99 I used $3/1 Coupon from P&G and loaded a $3/1 smiths coupon to my card. This was also one of the items in the P&G promotion this week saving me and extra buck bringing the final price to $3.99


Downy Dryer Sheets Priced for $ 4.99 I used a $1/1 from P&G loaded a $2/1 smiths coupon to my card add in the P&G promotion saving the extra dollar final price $.99


Bounty Paper Towels 2ct priced 2.99 used a $.25/1 then factor in an additional $1 off for P&G promotion final price $.99


Olay Total Effects Body Wash priced $6.89 I used a $4/1 from P&G and loaded a $1.50/1 smiths coupon to my card final price $1.39


Everything Else

Hunts Ketchup priced $1.79 used $.20/1 SS final price $.79


Wacky Mac Pasta priced $1.59 used $.50/1 SS final price $.59


Eggs on sale for $.89 a dozen


Freebies!!


Soft Soap priced for $1.07 used 2 $.35/1 final price $.07 ea


I pulled these items from my other photos every thing in this photo was free except the soft soap. All the other coupons were from coupon inserts except for the ivory body wash I loaded a $.50/1 to my smiths card.


When all was said and done I spent a total of 61.80 and saved 95.93. The break down of my savings was as follows.


MFG Coupons $43.28
DBL Coupon Promo $18.62
Fresh Values $34.03


That is over a 60% savings!
Divided among all of my items I spent about $.86 an item!
You really can not get savings like this with out coupons.

No comments: