2lb packages of Strawberries are on sale for $1.99 at Vons right now. I love strawberries. I love eating them plain, I LOVE dipping them in chocolate and I also love home made strawberry freezer jam. Every year during strawberry season I wait for strawberries to go on sale for $.99 a pound and than I make a years worth of freezer jam. Freezer jam is super easy (and when I say easy I mean REALLY easy) to make. This year my sister-in-law and I decided to make jam together.
To make strawberry freezer jam you will need:
1 box Sure-Jell
2 Cups crushed/pureed Strawberries (about 1 1/2lbs)
4 Cups Sugar
several small tupperware
All the directions are in the Sure Jell box it truly is easy.
1)Clean and cut the tops off the strawberries.
2) Chop/Puree strawberries in blender or food processor
3) Mix Strawberries and 4 cups of sugar together in larger bowl. Let stand 10 minutes stirring occasionally
4) Mix 3/4 cups water and sure-jell pack together. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
5) Add sure-jell mixture in with the strawberries and sugar. Mix constantly for 3 minutes.
6) Poor into containers. Let stand for 24 hours than refrigerate or freeze.
Once frozen freezer jam is good for 1 year : )