Jump Start Your Summer Savings

New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Procrastination Payoff

I finally made it to Albertsons today.  My procrastination paid off because I was able to use my double coupon offers from Sunday's paper to help make the deals even sweeter!  I am leaving for Ohio on Friday and to make life easier for my sweet husband (who is taking the week off work to be with our cute girls so I could go) I got lots of easy meals and snacks for while I am gone.  My trip today took a little planning so here's a look at what I did: 

MAKING MY LIST
There were 3 promotion running this week at Albertsons and after looking at the list I decided to shop the Just Chill promotion (buy 10 items get $10 off) and the Con Agra promotion (buy $25 worth of product and get $10 off)  I wanted to do each promotion twice so I split up my list into 5 parts; 2 just chill, 2 con agra, 1 fresh produce/non promotion items.  There wasn't as much in the P&G promo that I needed so I decided to pass.

GATHERING MY COUPONS
I used my grocery smarts list to help locate all my SS, RP and PG coupons.  I cliped my double coupon offers from Sunday's paper.  I also check my personal misc. coupons (ones I've gathered from the mail and several other places)  I found in my misc. coupons a booklet full of con agra product coupons that I could use to help make the promo even better

SHOPING & CHECKING OUT
I had a big list and I needed to split my trip into 5 transaction to best take advantage of the store's promotions & my coupons.  Because of this I shopped at a less busy time of day and I only took one of my girls with me.  When checking out I informed the cashier that I would have 5 transactions and also anyone who got in line behind me. I already had my coupons split into their groups so checking out when really smoothly.  At the end the cashier wanted to see how well I did and added up all my savings for me this is how it all turned out:

Total Value: $191.13
Total Saved: $120.88
Total Spent: $70.25
Percentage Saved: 63%

No comments: