Jump Start Your Summer Savings

New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Super Saturday Shopping



It feels like its been awhile since I did a big day of shopping and my fridge and freezer have been looking a little bare (to me). Over the last month we've had a lot of house guests which has been fun and fortunately we've had enough food on hand to feed 6 adults and two children without trips to the store. We have run low on a lot of items though since our household number has been up and today's shopping trip is a great example of how using the what I teach in class really works!

I did a couple things a little different today than my normal shopping routine.
1) I shopped 3 stores; Walgreens, Smith's, and Vons
2) I used very few coupons; 4 RR's (Walgreen's Register Rewards), 1 store coupon, and 2 Manufacture coupons.

I am asked all the time how many stores I shop at and my typical response is I pick 1 that meats my families needs the best that week but today I planned a little extra and just so you know I timed myself to see how long it would take: I left my house at 5:25pm and pulled pack in the drive way at 6:30pm. I planned carefully making my lists by using Grocery Smarts and my trip to all three stores took 1 hour and 5 minutes total!!

Overall I spent $81.10 total AND I saved $133.02!!!

***Also on a side note today is January 23 and after today's trip I still have $84 left from my $350 January shopping budget. (yes our budget has stayed the same even with extra adults in the house!)***

Want to learn how you can do this too? Classes are free just contact me and I will come teach you and your friends how to shop smart and save just like me. : )

No comments: