Jump Start Your Summer Savings

New to grocery smarts? The best way to jump start your savings is by hosting a FREE class! In your free class you'll learn how to use the free grocery smarts website, tips on how to save big at the store by combining coupons and sales, and if you need coupons I can help set you up with a sweet deal for the Sunday only paper! Contact me to book your class.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The more I shop and ask the more I learn


There is so much to learn in the world of shopping and saving. The amount of information, tips and tricks out there seems to be endless. I know it can be overwhellming but I've found the more I shop and am not afraid to ask questions the more I learn and the better I get! Just yesterday when I made my trips to Wal-Mart and Vons I learned two new things.


As a lot of you might know I don't really go to Wal-Mart that often. (it kind of drives me crazy but not enough that if I know I can get a good deal I won't go) Part of the reason is that they don't have a regular sales add so I have no idea what items are on "roll back" but since I made a list of the current sales and coupon matches from the add in the Sunday paper I was willing to go. What did I learn at Wal-mart? They don't change all of the sale signs so its good to know the add. For example the strawberries are on sale for $1.44 but the sign hasn't been changed it says $1.98. They did ring up correctly so don't just walk away when the price isn't what you thought. Ask or watch carefully as you check out.

While shopping at Vons I was trying to participate in the promo "Buy 5 save $5" and realised one of my favorite cereals, that we just ran out of, was part of the sale and hadn't been in the grocery smarts list. I didn't want to run home get the coupons and come back so I asked what I needed to do to take the items home now and be able to get the coupons applied to the sale later. (I wasn't sure if they would let me) I was thinking I'd have to bring my 5 items back return and repurchase (I needed them for another deal I was shopping because I had to get to $20). The cashier told me to just bring my reciept and coupons back and they'd apply the coupons to the sale and refund me the difference! Nice! Now I can go back on my time and not be frantic that I forgot a coupon!!


The more I shop and ask the more I learn... : )

No comments: